Salt and Pepper Chicken Drumstick

Friday, May 21, 2010





Here another version of the salt and pepper dish. I find this one is very yummy with it crispy out and moist inside, accompany with it salty and pepper taste. Although, I have to admit that I do prefer the shrimp version better, but the chicken is just as good. If you haven’t realized by now that our house love chicken, then this should seal it. Yes, we love chicken and there was even a time where we only had chicken. You name it we ate. Chicken soup, chicken dumpling, chicken noodle, fried chicken, broil chicken, stir fried chicken etc….And then there was a long pause from chicken, because we feel that we’re actually turning into a chicken from eating too much chicken. Lol Or at least that what my husband said.

Anyway, let not get off subject. The purpose of this recipe is for anyone and everyone out there that don’t have a lot time to cook and want something that is fast, easy and delicious. I can attest to you that this is the recipe for you. Beside from the cleaning and cutting the vegetable part, which is actually the time consuming part, the rest is a breeze. Well at least it is for me. You see, I don’t have a lot of patient. Therefore, I like to every thing fast. And things as vegetable washing and cutting sort of slow me down. When I do feel too drain and too busy, sometime I make my son do all this tedious work for me, so that I can just go and do the major part. It like having an assistant, the only thing is that he learning in the process.


Ingredients:

10 Chicken drumstick, but into two or three small pieces
¼ Cup of corn starch
1 Egg white
1 Tbsp of white pepper
1 Tsp of black pepper
1 Tbsp of kosher salt
½ Cup of finely chopped scallion
½ Cup of finely chopped jalapeƱo

Methods:

1. Clean and dried chicken. Cut it into three pieces and mix the egg white in completely.
2. Next, mix the corn starch in let it sit for 10 minutes. Heat the fryer at this time to hot.
3. Cook it in the fryer for 15 minutes or until done and golden brown. Do it in three small batches, so that it won’t stick together and it crisper this way.
4. As soon as you pick it out of the flyer place it in a mixing bowl and sprinkle the salt, pepper and white pepper on it. Toss it a couple of time.
5. Lastly, toss in the minced scallion and jalapeno and give it one more toss.

Serve with hot rice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Of Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino