Angle Hair with Artichoke and Bacon

Monday, May 3, 2010



Craving pasta and don’t want the same old spaghetti and meat ball? Well here a great dish to try. When I first saw this recipe in Food and Wine magazine by Mario Batali, I knew I had to try it. The only thing was that I don’t have all the exact ingredients on hand. So I was looking into my pantry and gathering what I had in the freezer, I did some adjustment to the recipe. I also added fish sauce to give it a kick, as my husband always stated. Ok, we love fish sauce on almost everything. And it does make a world of difference. The taste is so much bolder and flavorful. Try it sometime. He discovered this long, long time ago in his college days while making clam sauce angle hair. I will get into that recipe later when I could get him to make it once again.

Anyway, this easy and simple to make dish sort of speaks for itself. There not much to prepared in advance like some of my recipes. Most importantly it very important that the pasta should be el dente and make sure the bacon is well done and crispy. The rest is just cut and stir and done in about 30 minutes or less.




Ingredients:

1 Package of Angle Hair or thin spaghetti
1 Cup of preserved in jar artichoke heart
4 Sliced of bacon thinly sliced
3 Tbsp of olive oil
½ Cup of chopped onion
½ Cup of white wine
2 Tbsp of fish sauce (optional)
½ Tsp of kosher salt
3 Tbsp of minced garlic
2 Tbsp of minced parsley
1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese, shredded

Methods:

1. Bring water to boil and add the spaghetti cook for 8 minutes or until al dente.
2. Drain the spaghetti and drizzle a little 1 Tbsp olive oil and parsley on top of it and toss a couple of time.
3. In a hot skillet use add the chopped bacon and cook until golden brown.
4. Drain out the oil and set aside.
5. Bring the remaining olive oil to hot and then added the minced garlic and onion and stir until slightly brown.
6. Add the bacon back in with the artichoke heart and salt and wine and bring it to shimmer.
7. Add the spaghetti and toss a couple of time until the sauce is completely absorbed into the spaghetti.
8. Remove from stove and top with Parmesan cheese to desire.

This goes great what a white wine or a Riesling…my favorite is the crispy semi sweet
Relax Riesling or very sweet fruity and refreshing Santa Teresa Moscato D’Asti.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Of Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino