Chicharrone with Hot Sauce

Friday, May 21, 2010




I accidentally discover this one day years ago. Although I like the concept of chicharrone with spicy sauce sandwich, still the taste was lacking something. Not until a couple of years ago, in a desperate attempted to make something out of my pantry did I came up with this recipe. I know that there are many kind of chicharrone sandwich recipes out there and I haven’t tried it all yet. This is something that I made up to my taste bud and it a very delicious one indeed. I only make upon request from my sons whom love it with a passion. There is something with the spiciness and sweet combination of the sauce and the chewy texture that makes it so addicting. And with all the health conscious food lately, this may not be good for you, but it sure does good.



Ingredients:

1 Big bag of Mexican chicharrone (pork cracking)
1 Small can of chipotle chilies
2 Large onions chopped
2 Chile pod soak to tender
1 Tbsp of butter
2 Tbsp of cinder vinegar
1 Bunch of cilantro
2 Tbsp of brown Sugar
2 Cup chicken broth

Methods:

1. In a hot skillet melt the butter and add the chopped onion and sauté until golden amber and aroma, remove from heat.
2. In a blender place the chipotle chilies, cilantro and sauté onion and give it a three to four pulse. Don’t over blend it. Leave it a bit chunky.
3. Bring it back to the pot and add the rest of the ingredients in and bring to boil.
4. Lower the heat to medium and add the chicharrone and stir until all is fully absorbed by the chicharrone. Doing this process make it tender and flavorful. About 10 minutes process.
5. Remove and let cool slightly.
6. Serve on bread.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Of Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino