Steam Egg with Shrimp

Tuesday, April 13, 2010



One day I noticed that I forgot to take the meat out to thaw, so I end up clueless on what to make for lunch the next day. Looking into my refrigerator, I noticed that I have a dozen of eggs sitting there waiting for me to make dessert with. At our house we always keep eggs around, due to the fact that we are obsessed with egg. My husband and I love eggs in all shape and form, whether it pouched, fried or boil. It has become our midnight snack with our 2 years old.

So with eggs in hands and some shrimps I managed to whip up our delicious meal for the next day. I to admit that this is the best effortless and easy meal I made in a long time. Of course, my grandmother got me into this dish. She would make it once in awhile and I can’t wait to get out from school and run home to dinner. Instead of putting shrimp she would often put minced pork and scallion and it still taste as good. Although I do prefer the shrimp version better. I don’t know what it is, but the crunchiness of the shrimp with the creamy eggs and tofu just make a melts in your combination.





Ingredients:

2 Shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 Eggs
2 Tbsp of scallion chopped finely
¼ Cup of soft tofu cut into small cube
1 Tbsp of soy sauce
1 Tbsp of rice wine
2 Dash of white pepper
½ Tsp of kosher salt
6 Jumbo shrimp cut into small pieces


Methods:


1. In a mixing bowl, break the eggs and beat it slightly.
2. Add the soy sauce, rice wine, salt and white powder and mix well.
3. Add the shrimps, shiitake mushrooms, scallions and tofu in the bowl that you’re going to use to steam with.
4. Pour the egg mixture over it.
5. Place in steamer and steam for 15 minutes or until cook. Depending on the size of the bowl and the depth cook time may vary, if it no longer running then it cook.
Remove serve hot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Of Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino