Bamboo Salad

Sunday, April 4, 2010




This is one of my first Thai dishes that I love and learn to make. This pickle bamboo salad it originated in more of Southern Thai called a ha E San. E San foods are rich in spices and flavor. It is very good in it being very bold, spicy and lots of herbs. I love almost all the E San dishes and had learned to make most of them.

If you’re wondering how I of Chinese heritage, love to cook Thai food. Well it simple really. I used o owned a long time ago, over 15 years to be exact. And running beside from running the business, I love to sneak into the kitchen and learn from the chiefs there.
Since there fours chiefs I learn everything from them. One of them is an old lady that I called grandma that teaches me traditional methods to make desserts, salad, curry and craved fruit and vegetable into roses. From the other chiefs I learn to make all kind of fried rice, stir fired dishes and my favorite fried noodles!

Therefore I may not be a chief by degree or certified, but I consider myself to be very knowledgeable in Thai cooking. And over the years I think I had learned to perfected it!



Ingredients:

1 Bottle of pickle spice bamboo shoot
1 Tbsp roasted rice ground to fine
1 Tbsp of fish sauce
1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
½ Tsp kosher salt
5 Thai chilies minced (this is super spicy)
2 Clove red scallion thinly sliced
3 Tbsp cilantro chopped into ½ length
Hand full of mint leaves sliced in half


Methods:

1. Open the bottle of the pickle bamboo and drain out he water.
2. Put it in a pot and cook for a couple minutes.
3. Remove from the stove and put in salad mixing bowl.
Add the fish sauce, salt, lime juice, grounded rice, minced chilies, scallion and mixed well. Add more fish sauce or lime juice to your tast

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Of Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino