Prosperity Steam Cupcake

Tuesday, March 16, 2010




This is a very easy recipe to make. This cupcake is one of the dessert is vital for Chinese New Year. Prosperity is a very meaningful adjective to wish other and received in return for Chinese New Year, beside from luck, health, happiness and longevity.

This cupcake is very soft and fragile unlike your ordinary cupcake that we all used to. That why it required lots of baking powder. I like this cupcake because it is our symbol of our New Year and also because it literally melts in your mouths.

I dread making this cake due to the fact that I am the only person in the house that appreciated the hard labor of making dessert. Therefore, I end up eating all of these yummy cake all by myself and it doesn’t do much for my diet or self-esteem afterward. Lol I need to stop making dessert until all my baby weight is shed…but then where the challenge in that? Anyone who reading this and have an 8 months old know exactly what I am going through right now. The plus side is the reward of your gummy baby smile at you is priceless. I take that baby weight any day!!

Ingredients:

1 Cup low protein or cake flour
4 Tsp Baking powder
2 Tbsp wheat starch
1 Egg
1 Egg yolk
2 oz Vegetable oil
¼ Cup of water
¾ Cup of powder sugar



1. Put the cupcake mold in the steamer so that it will get hot and ready.
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, egg and water together.
3. Blend well at high speed until fluffy.
4. Add color if desire.
5. Pour the batter into the hot steam cupcake pan and make sure the water is boiling.
6. Steam for at least 15 minutes on high and boiling.

Volia done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Of Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino