The Best Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tuesday, June 4, 2013





Today out of the blue, my little babies craving chocolate chip cookies.  Instead of buying it from the grocery store, I have decided to make my own batch.  Upon researching for thick, soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, I saw this recipe from food.com by Marg.  I thought I will give it a try.  .  To my amazement it came out perfectly.  So if you like thick and soft and chewy cookies, give this recipe a go.
My babies had a blast helping out and making a mess, but it was a very easy and fun experiences  I did some adjust to sugar, chocolate chips and adding a bit of sea salt to my liking.  

Before you start, preheat your oven to 375 F.

Ingredients:

2 ½ cup of all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar packed
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup of shortening
1 cup butter at room temperature
½ teaspoon of sea salt
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
8 ounce of chocolate chips (12 ounce if you like more of it)

Methods:



1.       Measure and mix flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
2.       In another bowl, beat the butter and shortening until creamy.
3.       Slowly add the sugar, vanilla and eggs and beat until blend completely.
4.       Now add the flour a little at a time beating on low and blend well.
5.       Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
6.       Lined your cookies try with baking parchment paper .
7.       Scoop about 2 tablespoon of the dough on the paper and placed it 2 inches apart.
8.       By now you oven should we hot and ready at 375 F.  Bake for 11 minutes.
9.       When done or brown around the corner, let it sit for 15 minutes before transferring it to a cooking rack.
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Of Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino