Caramelized Plum Sauce Pork

Wednesday, February 24, 2010



Caramelized Plum Sauce Pork

This is one of the dishes that I came up with after seeing malt sugar pork in one of my Asian cook book. Of course, I did my own altering by adding and subtracting ingredients I don’t like. And instead of making it malt sugar, I added the plum sauce to give it a kick. This is a very simple dish to make and it taste so good with freshly steam rice. The sweetness of the caramelized plum sauce really compliments the crispiness of the pork.

The only requirement is to marinate it overnight so that it will be flavor and tender. I can’t tell you enough how I miss Asian cooking. So to appease my craving I have learned to perfect many dishes. This is one of my husband favorite dishes, therefore it will show up again next Chinese New Year. Of course I always like to cook different dishes every year, beside from my regular shark fine and mushroom and abalone. Those are the two dishes that a must for most Chinese home. It’s been in our family for many generations.

Ingredients:

2 Lbs of pork butt or leg part with some fat
2 Tbsp of soy sauce
2 Tbsp of dark mushroom soy sauce
½ Tbsp of minced garlic
1 Tbsp of seasime oil
½ Tbsp of all spice powder

Glazed Sauce:

5 Tbsp of brown sugar
2 Tbsp of plum sauce ( in a jar at your Asian grocery)
½ Cups of water

Methods:

1. Clean and cut the pork into small bite size strip. Combine all the ingredients well and marinated 6 hours or over night in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 F on broil.
3. Skewer the pork, make sure it is not too close together. You want it to be crispy.
4. Put it in the oven and broil for 20-30 minutes, make sure to flip it half way through.
5. Make the glazing sauce by combining the sugar, plum sauce, water and bring it to boil. Shimmer it for about 5 minutes until it thicken. Remove from stove.
6. When the pork is fully cook, remove it from the oven and brush the plum sauce glaze over it thoroughly.
7. Put it back in the over for 5 more minutes to a caramelize texture.
8. Remove from oven and let it cool slightly. After it cool, removed it from the skewer and serves.

Enjoy!




Recipes, Easy Recipes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Of Spice Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino